about us

our history

about us

our history


Calvary Chapel began in the late 1960's as a small non-denominational church of 25 members pastored by Chuck Smith. Pastor Chuck began pastoring the small group as the "Jesus People Movement" was beginning. Chuck and his wife Kay would go down to the beach and pray for the hippies on a regular basis. This prayer time turned into contact, and the contact became an incredible number of young people coming to Christ.


Today, Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa is home to thousands of believers. The Word for Today publishes Bible study books, study materials, and CDs used all over the world. Through KWVE and other satellite outlets, Calvary Chapel broadcasts God's Word to all of Southern California and the Western Hemisphere. Calvary Chapel's Bible College provides a Bible education to thousands at its home campuses in Twin Peaks and Murrietta Hot Springs, California as well as at over 20 extension campuses world wide. The fellowship of churches within the Calvary Chapel movement has reached over 1000 churches just in the United States alone. Worldwide we have seen God beginning to use our churches and pastors all over the world including; Britain, Australia, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, etc.


LOCAL HISTORY

Calvary Chapel Wasatch Front began here in Utah in 1995. The church originally met in downtown Ogden at the Solid Rock Cafe, a Christian coffee house. Now we are settled into 6545 Combe Road, Ogden UT.


Pastor Mark has been married to his wife Jonnie for thirty-five years and they have three adult children. Pastor Mark has lectured nationally on Internet Risks and various Teen issues.